Here at last – the draft comprehensive plan is ready for your review! Click here to view the plan or access it via the Documents tab on this website. Alternatively, stop by Town Hall to view a hard copy.
First, MANY thanks to all the residents, stakeholders, and volunteers that contributed to making our draft comprehensive plan. We’re proud of the community effort behind the draft and look forward to your feedback. Below is an overview of the plan content – all sections include goals, policies, actions, and metrics related to each topic:
- Chapter 1, Our Vision & Planning Principles: Explains the plan’s background and lists the updated vision and planning principles.
- Chapter 2, Create & Conserve Places We Love: Growth management, open space + conservation, sustainability, historic preservation, infill/redevelopment.
- Chapter 3, Connect People & Places: Complete/safe streets, regional mobility, increased travel options, parking.
- Chapter 4, Foster a Vibrant Economy: Housing/jobs alignment, thriving/balanced/inclusive economy, workforce opportunities.
- Chapter 5, Serve the Community: Public services, housing options (i.e., affordability), fiscal considerations, regional cooperation.
- Chapter 6, Implement What’s Next: Lists every Implementation Action in the plan in one place, summarizes the plan’s themes, and showcases a few of the plan’s big ideas.
How to give feedback: Now through Thursday, November 14 you’re invited to give feedback in the following ways:
- Open House: Visit Town Hall on Thursday, November 7 from 6:00-8:00 pm to review the plan, ask questions, and share comments. Display boards featuring plan highlights will be on display and comments sheets will be available. Additionally, the plan’s consultant team and staff will be on hand to discuss plan content.
- Email: Send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org (listing page numbers for your comments is encouraged).
- Office Hours: If you can’t make the open house, stop by Town Hall at the following dates and times to hear what others said and complete a comment sheet (Note: The boards will be on display and a staff member will be present to answer questions). Office hours will run on: Friday, November 8 from 7:00 am – 10:00 am and 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm as well as on Saturday, November 9 from 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far – please stay involved as the process continues!