Come Help Shape What’s Next for Davidson!
Join us for the Shaping What’s Next multi-day workshop April 1st-April 3rd. There will be multiple events across these three days that you will not want to miss!
Purpose: The purpose of this first Shaping What’s Next multi-day workshop is to review General Planning Principles modifications, discuss community character, collect feedback, and share progress and plans with the Davidson community.
What to expect: Each event focuses on a different aspect in the process. See details below.
We encourage you to participate as much as your schedule allows.
More details about the workshops:
Part I: Planning
April 1: Davidson College Presbyterian Church’s Congregation House, 218 Concord Road, Davidson
Attend this workshop to provide valuable input on land use, growth and community character. After a brief presentation, the majority of time will be spent collecting feedback from the public through 4 different educational or interactive stations. Workshop participants will learn about the input provided during the previous public engagement touchpoints; review and provide feedback on ideas for improving implementation of the community’s General Planning Principles; and share ideas related to key land use and built environment features.
Part II: Assessing
April 2: Davidson College Presbyterian Church’s Congregation House, 218 Concord Road, Davidson
Visit during the evening drop-in hours to see progress and ask questions. The planning team will be working throughout the day on synthesizing the public input and processing results from the first workshop. There will also be theme-based discussions during the second and third day open to anyone interested. They will all be located at Davidson College Presbyterian Church’s Congregation House. The themes and times of these meetings include:
- April 2, 10:00-11:00a.m. Growth management
- April 2, 11:15-12:15p.m. Historic preservation and design
- April 2, 1:30-2:30p.m. Areas of potential change
- April 2, 2:45-3:45p.m. Open space and natural features
- April 3, 9:00-10:00a.m. Community character
- April 3, 10:15-11:15a.m. Housing affordability
- April 3, 1:00-2:00p.m. Transportation.
All the input will be analyzed and organized by the planning team in preparation for the final presentation the next evening.
Part III: Planning
April 3: Davidson City Hall, 216 South Main Street
Attend the final workshop to see how all your feedback has shaped the process to develop the plan. The planning team will present the analysis of results from the previous two days of feedback and input. Additionally, a draft vision and land use framework will be shared for public review and comment.
- Light refreshments will be served
- Parking will be available along Concord Road, Main Street, Jackson Street and Davidson Town Hall, as well as in the Baker Sports Complex, Davidson Presbyterian Church (216 Depot Street), and 251 South Street.
- People that live close to the locations are encouraged to walk.